If you were to ask why there are schools with special needs across the globe, and why is there still a rising need to establish more of them- there is only one reason: Because the schools for special needs treat their wards differently than they would treat the kids without needs at all! There is a different, far and above the line between how one would treat the child without special needs, and the one who has special needs. These necessities need to be met with, in order to apply the law that education needs to be same for all the students out there.
Here are top 5 reasons as to why we need more of the established schools for kids with special needs!
- Empathy more, patience more: The kids with special needs need more of patience with their studying modules and studying techniques as well! One cannot imagine how these kids need the teachers and almost everyone around them to be ultra patient and super calm around them! Their speeds of learning might be slower than the other kids, but they definitely have more ability to grasp and then hold the education for a longer time.
- The difference in modules: The curriculum of the course and the studying patterns are always different and designed especially for the kids with special needs; hence the need to have trained teachers for this kind of school for special needs Malaysia and teaching methods are all very important. The teachers simply trained for teaching kids cannot cope up with the ways the teaching modules run in these times, with these kids. The methods too are different.
- No bullying and safer environment: The kids with special needs cannot usually just blend in with normal environment easily, because there exists bullying in the general world. These kids need to be first made proof of this and then sent out in the world! Hence, there is also a need for centre for Down syndrome. This way, all the people out there in the school with be in the very same environment and will get to learn from each other more than they get to learn from the teachers too!
- Unique combination of needs: There is a unique combination of needs for all these kids with special needs, and these schools cater to all of them individually. The sole purpose of these schools are to train the kids with special needs to excel in whatever they do, and hence they cannot miss out on any stone left unturned.
- Overall development and not just academic: There is a need to cater to overall development of these kids, with utmost care and patience that is needed! These teachers- teaching and non-teaching staff of the schools take care of almost everything that the child needs. They include behavioural, academic, mental, social and every aspect that is left out on in general studies.
The schools are needed more now than ever, because of the rising awareness and empathy towards these kids who need to be handled with extra love, affection, plan and strategies as well!