Cryotherapy Weight Loss – Benefits And Side Effects
The cryotherapy weight loss method has become popular due to its efficacy in treating painful conditions like migraine and rheumatoid arthritis and weight loss. In the popular whole body cryotherapy method, you are standing in a chamber that covers all parts of your body except your head. The air in the chamber drops from negative 200 ° F to 300 ° F at room temperature for 5 minutes.
People like to stay healthy a lot. Some go to the gym, some choose therapy, and some choose medicine. Such a therapy is becoming very popular nowadays. This therapy is known as ‘cryotherapy’. It is also used by big celebrities and athletes to stay healthy and fit. But is there really any science behind cryotherapy for weight loss? Probably not the short answer. This article will discuss the benefits of cryotherapy for weight loss, including whether you can expect any side effects and how it stacks up against coregulating.
Benefits of Cryotherapy Weight Loss:
- The theory behind cryotherapy is that it freezes and kills fat cells throughout the body. This is done by your liver, which removes them from the body and permanently removes the sebaceous tissue from the area.
- A 2013 study in the Journal of Clinical Investigation found that daily exposure to winter temperatures (62.5 ° F or 17 ° C) for 2 hours daily during the cold week reduced total body fat by about 2 percent.
- This is because when your body gets very cold, a substance called brown adipose tissue (BAT) burns fat in your body to help build energy.
- This suggests that there may be a process to reduce body fat due to cold temperatures.
- In a 2014 study of diabetes, participants were exposed to rising cold temperatures and then rising hot temperatures every night for 4 months. The survey began at ° 75 degrees Fahrenheit (23.9 degrees Celsius) at 66 66.2 degrees Fahrenheit (19 degrees Celsius) and returned to 81 ° F (27.2 ° C) at the end of the four-month period.
- Researchers have discovered that exposure to intense temperatures after gradual cooling can make your heat more responsive to these temperature changes and help your body improve glucose processing.
- It is not necessarily associated with weight loss. However, increasing sugar can help your body lose weight over time with the help of better-digested sugars which can otherwise turn into body fat.
- Other studies support the notion that cryotherapy works best when combined with other techniques, such as weight loss.
- A 2014 study of oxidative medicine and cellular longevity followed 116 kayakers from the Polish national team who underwent whole-body croup therapy at −184 ° F (20120 ° C) for approximately 10 minutes at −229 ° F (45145 ° C). A day for a day.
- Researchers have discovered that cryotherapy helps the body recover faster from exercise and reduce the effects of reactive oxygen species (RSS) that cause inflammation and weight gain over time.
- This means that faster recovery time and less negative effects of stress and weight gain allow you to practice cryotherapy more often.
Cryotherapy Weight Loss Side Effects:
Cryotherapy or Cold therapy can be applied to physiotherapy in a variety of ways to support, prepare or follow up the treatment and increase its effectiveness. Cold therapy usually lasts 10 to 20 minutes and is part of the so-called physical therapy. Among other things, ice can be applied in the form of ice lollipops, which rub against the skin in a circular motion until a clear redness of the skin is revealed. There are some side effects of cryotherapy that you may want to consider before trying to lose weight.
Nervous Side Effects
Severe cold on the skin can cause a number of neurological side effects such as numbness, nausea, redness, and skin irritation. These are usually temporary, lasting a few hours after the procedure. Contact a doctor if they do not leave after more than 24 hours.
Do not do more than cryotherapy as advised by a doctor, as long-term exposure to cold can cause permanent nerve damage or death of skin tissue (necrosis). Whole-body cryotherapy should not be performed for more than 5 minutes at a time at below-frozen temperatures and should be supervised by a trained provider.
If you are trying cryotherapy at home with an ice pack or a tub filled with ice, cover the ice pack with a towel to avoid freezer burns. And do not ice bath for more than 20 minutes.
Do not have cryotherapy if you have diabetes or a similar condition that damages your nerves. You may not feel a cold on your skin, which can lead to further nerve damage and tissue death.
Cryotherapy weight loss system is known to all as it reduces skin problems as well. It can be used to treat atopic dermatitis and acne and blemishes on the skin. Cryotherapy improves the body’s levels of antioxidants in the blood, which helps reduce skin inflammation. Cryotherapy can also help treat migraines by cooling and numbing the nerves in the neck. One study found that applying ice packs to the carotid arteries of the neck significantly reduced migraine pain.
Over-cold temperatures in whole body cryotherapy can cause physiological hormone reactions. It helps the body release adrenaline, noradrenaline and endorphins. It can have a positive effect on people who are suffering from mood disorders such as anxiety and depression.